Thursday, June 21, 2012

sweatin'

Let me start off by saying it is hot as hell in DC right now.

(PS: I love this app, Swackett. It shows you what to wear each day!)

There was no way I was running in the heat yesterday. I've always had problems with getting very dehydrated in hot weather, so I wasn't going to risk it. Instead, I did 30 min on the elliptical and my Couch to 5k training on the treadmill. Already on week 5! Haven't been in the gym since before I started running, and I was so impressed with my endurance. In sum, I did about 6 miles! 

To celebrate my small but significant progression, as well as my summer roommate's 21st birthday, we headed to Busboys and Poets on 5th and K where I devoured a vegan quesadilla. Busboys is definitely my favorite restaurant in DC. I know I will always love whatever I get. It's also a great place to go with vegans and meat eaters!



Today is spent completely indoors, with temperatures like this. I got up early (7:30) to run and it was so hot out already, I ended up chasing the shade and doing a crazy route. While baby Colin rests, I decided to make myself a pretty awesome lunch: Tempeh bacon/mashed avocado/tomato on Ezekiel bread with some quinoa/mixed veggies/spinach on the side.


The only thing that sucks is my current apartment search in Brooklyn. It seems that I won't be able to have something set up until at the very earliest August 1st, which stresses me out. The other day, I was pretty much told I had a room- and my parents drove to Brooklyn to see it- only to get an email telling me that the room had been given to someone else. Before my parents arrived. And they said nothing. So, I'm starting to ditch the idea of moving in with random Craiglisters (scary even to say) and spend a little more for a studio apartment. I definitely would love living on my own, but it is not the most cost-effective. I have one more potential roommate set-up in the works, so hopefully that pans out! I just want a place to sleep! (In a full-sized bed). 

Everything else is pretty great. Next Friday is my birthday, and I will finally get to see M after four weeks of being separated! We're celebrating my 22nd with my family at home, and then driving to his house on Lake Wallenpaupack, PA for his graduation party. Can't wait! And when did I become 22?!



No comments:

Post a Comment