Wednesday, August 1, 2012

BFFS & NOM





Chelsea and Kaycie visited this weekend, and we made sure to do everything we loved in DC before I move: Jazz in the Garden, my balcony, Value Village and one crazy night on U St. 



I injured my back and have no been able to run/go to the gym/bike for a week and a half. So with all my free time, as frustrating as it is, I have been experimenting in the kitchen.

1) No pictures. but I did my own version of a cleanse this past Sunday, based on Gillian McKeith's cleanse. Here's what I ate:


-3 servings of kale, avocado, cucumber, coconut water and a teaspoon of almond butter
(It kind of looked like the picture above).
-Countless natural sunflower seeds.
-Echinacea tea. 
-Blackberries.
...and my biggest meal of the day: Spinach, Kale and a Red Pepper with Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar.

It was tough, but after a weekend with my best friends, it felt like the perfect time. I watched a bunch of movies, napped, and read. Afterwards, I felt like my body had a clean slate. 


2) My version of the Eat Clean Diet pita pockets that I found on The Athletarian's blog. I replaced the Greek yogurt with plain soy yogurt. It took about five seconds to make. 


3) Finally, my new obsession: Avocado Cream Pasta. I've seen this recipe before, but I never realized how easy and delicious it was. All I did was boil some pasta, mix the ingredients for the sauce in the blender, mix it up, and savor every bite. 

All the sauce calls for is:
1 avocado
1/4 cup cilantro
S & P
Garlic
Splash of almond milk

 So good.

PS: I GOT AN APARTMENT. Right across the street from Pratt's Brooklyn campus, in an adorable 3 br in a brownstone. Can't wait to see it in person and meet my new roommates. So all that is left in DC is a weekend with Matt and a week of babysitting. Then I'll be going back to New York and start moving in!

No comments:

Post a Comment